CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Girls Are Gross!

I have plenty of friends and family members that have at least one boy, so I had plenty of warnings about just how gross, nasty, dirty and disgusting boys are while I was pregnant with Devin. But I gotta tell you, girls can be pretty gross also.

Abbie is at that great age right now where her imagination can really take over. She brings us empty toy cups and warns us to blow on the coffee before drinking it.  She cooks up all sorts of invisible goodies in her kitchen.  And lately she will asks us to take something from her hand and since there is nothing there, we have to ask her "what is it?" in order to play along.

Well, yesterday Abbie's school called because she was running a fever of 101.  She was in great spirits all evening, but just had a nagging cough. Of course, when it was time to lay down, the cough got much worse, so I went in her room and laid down with her for a little while to help soothe her to sleep.  We only had a night light on, so when she offered me her hand I reached out and accepted the invisible goodie. Or so I thought it was invisible.  I asked her what it was and she replied, "A booger".

Without even thinking, I threw the treat clear across the room and squealed.  Of course, then I had to explain to my impressionable 3-year-old that we do not throw boogers across the room, and then I had to spend the next 5 minutes searching for the little gem.

See, girls are gross too.

No comments:

Post a Comment